We seek candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The ideal candidates have a passion for care of underserved women. This position is focused on gynecological care in our ambulatory care clinic, including uro-gynecology and gynecologic-oncology.
Emphasizing community-based care, Boston Medical Center (BMC) is the largest safety-net hospital in New England and is committed to providing consistently excellent and accessible health services to all. The hospital is also the primary teaching affiliate of the nationally ranked Boston University School of Medicine. Boston University is a world class research institution with more that $250 million in research grants each year.
BMC is more than a hospital. It is a network of support and care that touches the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in need each year. The institution has a strong focus on public health, both domestic and global, and a commitment to women’s health demonstrated by the recent construction of a beautiful state-of-the-art labor and delivery, postpartum, and NICU facility. There are over 2,900 deliveries per year at Boston Medical Center. Our OB-GYN ambulatory care clinic is a busy academic practice, with approximately 55,000 visits per year. We are a full service tertiary care referral group of 35 physicians, 18 CNMs, and 7 NPs.
Our clinical services and research programs are focused on eliminating disparities in health care. Although this position has primarily clinical responsibilities; all faculty members are expected to participate in scholarly activities, resident and medical student education, and research. We have a fully accredited OB/GYN residency program with five residents per year.
• NP applicants must possess an Advanced Practice Nursing Degree from an accredited College or University.
• PA Applicants must be a graduate of a PA Program accredited by the ARC-PA (Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc.) or its predecessor and must be certified or be eligible for certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
• Applicants must have or be eligible to obtain a Massachusetts Medical License
• Gynecology practice experience required; Uro-gynecology experience preferred
• Fluency in languages other than English is highly desirable, but not required
Applicants must have the ability to work collegially within a diverse environment and demonstrate a commitment to our institutional values regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion. Salary and level of academic appointment will be based upon experience and qualifications.
Academic appointment will be at Boston University School of Medicine; rank is commensurate with experience and CV. We offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package.
Send CV and Cover Letter to: Paul Hendessi, M.D., Vice-Chair of Gynecology, Boston Medical Center
BMC/BUSM is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer