In a landmark partnership, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and AAPA will present a free webinar on Zika and pregnancy on July 28 from 2-3 p.m. EDT. The presentation qualifies as Category 1 CME.
The World Health Organization declared Zika virus a public health emergency of international concern after local transmission was reported in many other countries and territories. With the likelihood that the Zika virus will continue to spread to new international and domestic areas, this webinar is an opportunity for PAs to be prepared to handle Zika by knowing the facts.
At the end of the webinar, you will be able to:
Don't miss this special opportunity, eligible for free CME for PAs.
- List the ways pregnant women become infected with the Zika virus;
- Describe CDC recommendations for testing of pregnant women with possible exposure;
- Describe CDC recommendations for testing of couples interested in conceiving who reside in an active Zika virus transmission area;
- Describe the implications of Zika virus infection;
- And identify the cases that meet criteria for inclusion in the U.S. Zika Pregnancy Registry.
Zika Virus — Implications for Pregnant Women
Date: Thursday, July 28
Time: 2–3 p.m. EDT
Sign up: Pre-register (at no cost) and view the detailed agenda.